23. - 26. march 2017
How to get there?
Special traffic regime and ticket control (on Saturday 25th and Sunday 26th of March)
Buses (min. 35 persons), minibuses (min. 20 persons) and vans (min. 6 persons) must have a parking sticker which allow police officers and security guards faster selection and thus faster access to parking spaces in Planica.
In as far you haven't received the parking sticker when purchasing tickets in presale, please contact the official ticket seller Kompas on email@example.com.
Transport on circle route
Free bus transport from Kranjska Gora and surrounding area to Planica will be available to all the visitors. We advise you not to go to Planica by car. Buses have priority access to Planica!
Points of entry:
- Kranjska Gora: regular bus stop; in front of primary school; in front of SKB bank (pub Vopa)
- Podkoren: regular bus stop on the regional road
- Rateče: roundabout to Planica; intersection Ledine
- and in addition in exceptional cases: Petrol gas station Podkoren; parking lot Zelenci; Petrol gas station Rateče (in the case of redirection of parking on nearby surfaces)
Time of departure should be adapted to traffic conditions:
|Route||Normal traffic conditions||Traffic conditions during the event
|Ljubljana, 91 km||1h 6min||2h 46min|
|Maribor, 218 km||2h 17min||5h 42min|
|Murska Sobota, 268 km||2h 43min||6h 47min|
|Koper, 193 km||2h||4h 30min|
|Novo mesto, 164 km||1h 46min||4h 15min|
take the train or bus to Planica!
Planica, located in Slovenia in Central Europe, is surrounded by the peaks of Julian Alps and the Karavanke mountains but it is still easily accessible.
Motorways in Italy (Tarvisio), Austria (Villach) or Slovenia (Karavanke tunnel) are nearby. The nearest railway station is in Jesenice and the Ljubljana International Airport is less than an hour's drive away.
How to reach us by car / bus
- starting in Slovenia - take the Ljubljana-Kranj-Jesenice-Kranjska Gora-Ratece road;
- starting in Austria - take the road from Villach either over the Korensko sedlo (Wurzenpass) border crossing or the Karavanke tunnel to Jesenice, then continue to Kranjska Gora and Ratece;
- starting in Italy - the road from Tarvisio will take you through the border crossing at Ratece.
How to reach us by train
- the nearest train station is located in Jesenice;
- from there a bus will take you to Kranjska Gora in about 30 minutes;
- free buses connect Kranjska Gora with Planica in days of Planica ski jumping event.
How to reach us by plane
- the nearest airports are Ljubljana Airport (66 km), airport in Klagenfurt (Austria) and airport at Trieste (Italy);
- from Ljubljana airport there is a 45 minute drive to Planica, from Klagenfurt airport it will take you about 40 minutes and from Trieste airport you will arrive in 1 hour and 40 minutes.